Compliance and Enforcement Framework 2023 - 2025
This framework will help people understand their legal obligations when dealing with controlled drugs, and the regulatory and administrative tools we use to ensure compliance.
We take a risk-based approach to compliance and enforcement for activities undertaken by narcotic drug industries in Australia.
The framework outlines how we will:
- encourage compliance by educating persons about their responsibilities
- analyse emerging risks to identify any need to adjust our compliance and enforcement focus and resources
- manage identified non-compliance, using administrative action or formal enforcement proceedings where necessary
- work with other agencies to coordinate compliance approaches and refer potential offences that are outside our remit.
- Legislative requirements
- Risk-based approach to compliance
- Compliance Monitoring
- Intelligence collection and analysis
- Stakeholder Engagement and Education
- Compliance Inspections
- Administrative Law Principles