News & media
News and media releases about the regulation of controlled drugs in Australia, as well as committee meetings, webinars and consultations.
News and media menu
- NewsThe Amendment Act provides for amendments to the Narcotic Drugs Act 1967 to support an innovative Australian medicinal cannabis industry for the benefit of Australian patients.
- NewsOn 2 December 2020, Australia voted at the Commission on Narcotic Drugs (CND) on six recommendations concerning the scheduling of cannabis and cannabis related substances, made by the World Health Organisation (WHO) in January 2019 to the CND.
- NewsFrom 1 November 2020, subject to formal approval from the Federal Executive Council, cost recovery arrangements will be extended to cannabis-related manufacture licences and permits under the Medicinal Cannabis Scheme.
- NewsSubmissions in response to the Office of Drug Control's (ODCs) Consultation on Single Licence Model close COB Monday 3 February 2020.
- NewsTabling of Report on the Review into the 2016 medicinal cannabis amendments to the Narcotic Drugs Act 1967Report on the Review into the 2016 medicinal cannabis amendments to the Narcotic Drugs Act 1967 was tabled in Parliament on Thursday 5 September 2019.
- NewsThe Australian Government will boost the nation's medicinal cannabis industry by prioritising projects that have been granted Major Project Status (MPS) and ultimately driving economic growth.
- NewsA clarification of the processing rules around the timing of a medicinal cannabis licence and narcotics manufacturing licences.